:: Da' Militant One's Lair ::

Da' Militant One has arrived to ''tell it like it is'' and give his unique perspective on today's issues across the political, social, and economic landscapes. His specialty is stickin' it to ''the Man''. Email at Militantone@comcast.net  
:: welcome to Da' Militant One's Lair :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: google [>]
:: plastic [>]
:: davenetics [>]

:: Monday, February 20, 2006 ::

What follows is a poem from my nephew who is a marine is harm's way. I am very proud of him as he performs his duty. These are very dangerous times and I am glad that he is healthy and well. Hope you like it.


I focus on these homeless
trying to find where home is
in them back alley cracks in the mix for real
Trying to lace their shoes so they can click their heals
Trying to find a place where they can get their mail
And in the mean time trying to get a meal
While I clean up these lines trying to get a deal
And most brothers of course are forced to steal
They resort to the steal, still I can't swallow this pill
Not even in gel form, when it rains it hailstorms
And the crime rate jumps every time a male's born
But we've got nine ways to trump be well warned
Most pawn themselves under some king and sell for him
I even see these young with guns in their backpacks
We rarely see twenty-one like a game of blackjack
And those are the sad facts, just knowing the stats stacked
Against you'll blow your hair out blonde like Mad Max
So many from broken homes grown with these scars
It tends to fall apart when you build a house of cards
That's why they say hope floats 'cause black folks can't swim
I navigate that low boat to pull ya'll right back in
We toss these issues like tissues and try to forget
If there's no visual on the issues then how can they exist
And if these issues don't exist, then what's there to admit
And politicians can't be blamed so their platforms legit
But I've held a few positions in one or two soup kitchens
A couple of group missions to give these youth vision
I'm not the type that'll find it amusing to talk about this confusion
And not offer solution And I speak urgency 'cause the emergency's now
So I develop my plan, put my hand to the plow
'Cause folks are panicking now, let's break these fantasies down
We run these black neighborhoods, so why can't they be ours?
'Cause we lack leadership and most black leaders quit
It hard to back your mayor when even he needs a fix
So problems go on unfixed, society grow more unstitched
It's not about being rich, but it's about being rich
In knowledge, in culture, in stature, in pride
To be honest it first has to happen inside
It seems the issue of us isn't dealt with enough
I only look down on you, if I'm helping you up

:: DM1 2/20/2006 05:25:00 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
DA