:: Da' Militant One's Lair ::

Da' Militant One has arrived to ''tell it like it is'' and give his unique perspective on today's issues across the political, social, and economic landscapes. His specialty is stickin' it to ''the Man''. Email at Militantone@comcast.net  
:: welcome to Da' Militant One's Lair :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: google [>]
:: plastic [>]
:: davenetics [>]

:: Monday, July 24, 2006 ::

An email I just sent to Chuck Hagel - Rep Senator, Nebraska


Dear Senator,

I hope this email finds you and your family in good health. I haven't contacted you for a while and I need to express some of my views on the state of our country. I believe now more than ever that your country needs your strong voice and competent leadership. I am always heartened to see you on the talk shows standing up for the republican wing of the Republican party. I am still out there trying to scare up converts to you and your ideals. I dare say that you remind me of the Eisenhower republicans of yesterday: strong abroad, compassionate at home, but always with enlightened leadership.

I don't know what it would cost, but if you could do a solid half hour of prime time to talk about your ideas and your plans for America's future, then I am positive that you would be elected in 2008 to lead our country and the world out of this darkness that now envelops us and into the light of a brighter future. I know that some of what I am wrinting sounds like political slogans and you are correct! I just want to let you know that once again you have a strong supporter and I will be with you to fight the good fight. Your character, integrity, and leadership are what the country needs.

You and your brother are heroes in my book. I know that you would disagree because you a humble man thankful just to be here. I heard you speak about your experience in Vietnam and I said that is the man for this job. Someone who will do the job with a modest demeanor, but a soaring spirit. I am very, very disturbed over the events overseas and the lack of leadership here at home. I also did four years in the Army (1981-1985) and thankfully never had to participate in combat. My purpose for serving my country was to physically protect my country if needed and to help preserve its values and ideals from harm. In no way did I imagine that the threat would also come from within.

We as a people are so much better than the situations that we currently face. The country needs a voice of hope and compasssion to calm the fears that have terrified us for the last five years. To be frank the United States is more than just a country. It is man's greatest experiment in the human condition. While we need to be ever vigilant, the country and its people could go away tomorrow, but our history is already written in the sands of time forever. My ancestors grew up on plantations and now I sit here a bank examiner for 14 years living the American Dream. When we actually do God's work with "peace on earth and goodwill towards men," then we as a people will get to the "promised land."

We owe it to all of those who came before us and all of those who come after us to take the country to a better tomorrow and a brighter future. Sorry for the long email, but I know that you understand. One more thing please call on the President to do all in his power to stop the madness in the Middle East and the tragedy in Iraq. Yours in the cause. Peace.

:: DM1 7/24/2006 10:12:00 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
DA