:: Da' Militant One's Lair ::

Da' Militant One has arrived to ''tell it like it is'' and give his unique perspective on today's issues across the political, social, and economic landscapes. His specialty is stickin' it to ''the Man''. Email at Militantone@comcast.net  
:: welcome to Da' Militant One's Lair :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: google [>]
:: plastic [>]
:: davenetics [>]

:: Friday, October 19, 2007 ::

Email I Sent to the Editor of The Observer, A British Online News Website and His Response

A U.S. Citizen wants to apologize to his cousins in Britain


Dear Sirs,

I am contacting your organization to apologize on behalf of the United States for our outrageous and unacceptable behavior during the last six years. I have become a regular reader of your website as I find your reporting to be informative, trustworthy, and factual which are in mind my the three pillars of professional journalism. Unfortunately, these pillars no longer exist in my country. I and many other concerned Americans have been trying to fight the good fight, but our adversaries control much of the power structure of the country. Over the past several months, I have developed a higher degree of urgency in confronting my government over its abominable and corrupt behavior which has eroded the country's principles and international integrity. With the aid of your website and other international sites, I have become aware of the disgraceful actions that my government has sanctioned in the name of the “American People,” and I am embarrassed and ashamed of myself and of my fellow Americans as we have failed to uphold our responsibility to our Constitution and most importantly to our fellow citizens of the world. As a proud, but humbled American, I ask that you and the global community to continue to shine the light on truth and keep the faith, as my fellow Americans and I continue the struggle to reclaim our "shining democracy on the hill." Peace.

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
Subject: Thank you for your email: A U.S. Citizen wants to apologize to his cousins in Britain
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:09:59 +0000

The editor wishes to acknowledge your email with thanks.

Unless you have indicated to the contrary, it will be considered for
publication and may be edited. Whether or not we have space to publish your
letter, it will be read with interest and copied for noting to the relevant
journalist or section editor.

Please do not reply to this email, as the account from which it is sent
cannot accept incoming email. Instead use letters@observer.co.uk

It was good of you to take the trouble to write.

Yours sincerely

The Letters Editor

The Observer
3-7 Herbal Hill
London EC1R 5EJ

:: DM1 10/19/2007 08:57:00 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
DA