:: Da' Militant One's Lair ::

Da' Militant One has arrived to ''tell it like it is'' and give his unique perspective on today's issues across the political, social, and economic landscapes. His specialty is stickin' it to ''the Man''. Email at Militantone@comcast.net  
:: welcome to Da' Militant One's Lair :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: google [>]
:: plastic [>]
:: davenetics [>]

:: Friday, October 19, 2007 ::

Letter To The White House

I am contacting the White House to express my disappointment and frustration by the lack of principle, integrity, and character displayed by the Executive Branch during the past six years. Many of the policies enacted by the Bush Administration have been ill-conceived, short-sighted, and poorly executed. The constant misstatements and in some instances outright lies have damaged our Constitution as well as our country's standing in the world. Mr. Bush and his operatives need to understand that they are only caretakers of the country's government and that they have a responsibility and obligation to the American People to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the United States Constitution and international law. Mr. Bush's constant talk of terror and fear has been very damaging to the psyche of many Americans and we as a people appear to have lost our courage and our mora l standing in the world. My family has produced four generations of military service in each branch of service. My grandfather served in Navy during World War II, my father served in the Air Force and did two tours of duty in Vietnam, I served in the Army during the 1980s, and my nephew serves as a marine, who is weeks away from a tour of duty in Iraq. My family's service to our country is not unique as many other American families have also responded to the "call." The purpose of our service was to protect our fellow citizens and to defend and uphold the principles of our Constitution.



Many of the Bush Administration's policies and actions have eroded the very purpose of my family's service to the country and the patriotism that we have tried to uphold for more than fifty years. My comments have been long in coming as I have been very wary of contacting the White House as I was concerned about being placed on someone's list for being un-American. However, I have the obligation and responsibility to continue my defense of my fellow Americans and the Constitution, so I am prepared for the consequences, if any, of my comments in this email. I remain dismayed by the constant drumbeat of war and the bellicose statements by many who never wore the uniform, but appear to have no shame in asking their fellow Americans to die for very questionable reasons and assertions. I voted for Papa Bush in 1988 and am still an admirer of his as I believe that he embodies the leaders hip, determination, and pragmatism that an effective President must possess. Sadly, it appears that the current President possesses none of the qualities. The events of 9/11 do not define America and should not serve as a facade for impudent decisions and behavior. As a proud American, I refuse to live in fear, or stand idle while my fellow citizens live in constant terror and the country's legacy is disgraced. I urge Mr. Bush and others to reestablish their commitment to the Constitution, the rule of law, and the American People. As for the Iraq War, I hope that Mr. Bush understands that only a true leader can lead warriors into battle and that his stubbornness and arrogance only serve to limit his effectiveness as President and Commander-in-Chief. Peace.

:: DM1 10/19/2007 08:50:00 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
DA